About: Randy Glover
About: Randy Glover
Randy has over 35 years in the coating and surface preparation industry beginning in automobile restoration/painting/inspection, continuing on to aircraft painting/inspection, then to heavy industrial surface preparation, painting and inspection.
As a former General Manager of a coatings and linings application company in Arizona, I performed surface preparation, applied specified coatings, performed inspections, wrote specifications, and developed bids on projects across the state. I was responsible for projects that involved both steel and concrete substrates, as well as projects that required the restoration of concrete. I have had oversight on projects that specialized in surface preparation, high-performance coatings application and inspection at the world’s largest nuclear generating station, Palo Verde, Phoenix, AZ.
For 5 years I also served as a technical representative in California, Hawaii, Arizona and New Mexico for an internationally known coating manufacturer that produced cementitious coatings for the pulp and paper, wastewater, electrical generating and water treatment industries. I was chief coatings inspector of 110 water tanks owned by Arizona Water, Phoenix AZ.
My consulting clients include both the City of Phoenix and the AZ. Department of Corrections. I was the chief coating consultant for the Cardinal football stadium in Glendale, Arizona and was responsible for coating selection, recommendations for surface preparation and coating application techniques as well as inspection techniques for concrete and structural steel on the stationary and moving roof, outside stadium skin, food service areas, scoreboards and playing field.
Duke's Point, Vancouver Island, Canada
- Member of the NACE International (NACE)
- NACE Certified Coating Inspector #5688 (National and International)
- Past NACE Chairperson, Arizona Section, Education
- NACE Basic Corrosion Instructor
- Member of the Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC)
- SSPC Certified Concrete Coating Inspector #090006 (National and International)
- Member of the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM)
- Member of International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI)
Authorship & Patents
- Author: “Thank goodness for CIP Classes” NACE; INSPECT THIS, summer 2006, Vol. 13, Issue 11
- Co-Author of SSPC/C-11 Certified Concrete Coating Inspection Course
- Co-Owner of numerous patents
- NACE Certified Inspector Program Instructor (Level 1 and 2)(National and International)
- NACE Certified Inspector Basic Corrosion (National and International)
- SSPC Certified Concrete Coating Inspection Instructor (National and International)
- Co-chair of Marketing - Phoenix Guide Dog Raisers (http://www.phxguidedograisers.org/)